Monday, September 5, 2011

Through the eyes of Kurt Angle

I like wrestling, but I hate stupidity.  Therefore, I like and hate Kurt Angle.  Angle was recently arrested near Front Royal, Virginia on the suspicion of driving while intoxicated.  I use "suspicion" because he has yet to have his day in court; however, if history is the best indicator of future behavior, he is likely to be guilty.  

This is Angle's third arrest for driving while, or under the influence of substances, and second this year.  While he somehow got out of the first charge against him, he plead guilty to the second offense in March of this year.  This is where Angle earns his "stupidity" label.  Angle's lawyer recently released an official statement indicating that A. his client is innocent and B. his client believes he was set up.  Let me remind the reader, this is not a murder trial.  This is a drunk driving charge.  No one placed Angle's DNA at a scene of a crime or placed evidence in his possession.  The police did not conspire to get him.  Angle simply drank and than proceeded to drive.  
However, Angle has reason to plead his innocence and attempt to weasel his way out of this.  As part of his April 2011 guilty plea, he was sentenced to one-year of unsupervised probation.  I am not a lawyer, nor do I attempt to portray on either on TV or in real life, but I am positive being convicted of a DUI would violate his probation for which he may receive jail-time (ala Lindsey Lohan).  I am wondering if Angle can wrestle his way out of this one as he did in 2008...

No comments:

Post a Comment